Thursday, November 10, 2011

Poem #16--A Place Called Peace

A Place Called Peace

A dream is made of many parts,
Of hopes and smiles, of will and heart.
So when you dream, where do you start?
Desire is the key.

What do you want, what is your goal?
What is the drive within your soul?
Mine is one of joy untold.
I seek a place called peace.

      A place where skies are never gray,
Where raindrops dance, then fade away.
Cool breezes on warm summer days,
That do encompass all.

            This place is one where one can think
On ships of thought that never sink.
Where one can sit right on the brink
Of naught, and never fall.

Where one can be a prince, a king,
A maiden fair, or anything
That may achieve their fondest dreams
Without all pain and fright,

Where Friendship lasts and love abounds,
Where charming laughter doth resound,
Where flowers bloom from fertile ground
As all Earth bathes in light.

To reach this place has been my dream,
To settle by its soothing streams.
Though time has shown that, it would seem,
I shall never meet my goal.

But then I stop, and think again,
And realize how close I have been.
This Place called Peace is locked within,
Hidden inside my soul,

Where I can reach it any time,
And let it flood my troubled mind,
And share it with all of mankind
For I have found the key.

So now, when I am feeling down,
I quickly turn my life around.
For sorrow cannot here be found
In this lovely Place called Peace.

-Karl Southwick


This poem is a description of the pursuit of peace. To me, the ultimate achievement would be to obtain total peace--of mind, of heart, of soul. Peace is a goal, a dream, an ideal that can be the birthplace of true happiness. And it is hidden within each one of us. No matter how much turmoil might be in our lives, no matter how hectic or stressful our lives might be, there is always some measure of peace inside us. All we have to do is look, and we will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment