Sunday, October 24, 2010

Poem #13--My Personal Mission Statement

My Personal Mission Statement

Every success begins with a dream.
Whether working alone or as part of a team.
I will never stop dreaming, as long as I live,
And when others stop dreaming, assistance I’ll give.
I shall help all my colleagues, my neighbors and friends,
I shall love them forever, for time never ends.
But first comes my family, the love of my life,
We shall stand together, through trouble and strife.
To them I shall give my utmost devotion,
Share memories and happiness, the purest emotion.
I will value integrity, and loyalty, too,
Honesty and truthfulness shall be my virtues.
I shall never give up on doing my best,
I shall never hate others, nor others detest.
To those who I meet, I will give due respect,
I shall think all my life, so I never forget.
The things I have learned shall always be there,
To build upon them is a primary care.
I shall lean upon God as I travel on my way,
Shall be used as a tool in his hands all my days.
I shall never give up, and I never will quit,
I will instead start again and build up bit by bit.
I shall work well with others, both woman and man,
I shall be there to help them, their thoughts understand.
I shall spend my life helping, to be there for my friends,
I shall guide them, when needed, through life’s twists and bends.
I will press on forever, through joy and through sorrow,
For this defines me, today and tomorrow.
-Karl Southwick

Each of us, while on this earth, needs something to drive us, something to guide us as we undertake this tempestuous journey of life. Personally, there are many things that I intend to focus on, specific aspects of life that I wish to follow and develop, that I might be the best I can be in all areas. This poem is the embodiment of those dreams, goals, and aspirations, drafted in order to be a map for my individual life. If I live according to these principles and standards I have set for myself, then I shall have no regrets. All people should have things like these, sets of directions they have established for themselves and that they can follow. I encourage you to come up with your own, and to abide by your own precepts.

1 comment: