Thursday, September 13, 2018

Poem #19 - Song of Storms

Song of Storms
(To the tune of Song of Storms from The Legend of Zelda)


Ebb and flow
Come and go
Riding waves of destiny
Far away from shore
Seeking so much more
Sails a-blow
Watch me go
Off to find my destiny
Knowing I'll return once more

Sounds do form
A song of storms
Raindrops on an endless sea
Darkness all around
Waves relentless pound
Lightning flash
Thunder clash
A catastrophic symphony
Safety nowhere to be found

Cries ignored
Overboard
Drowning in my misery
Longing for my home
Shivering, alone
Still I fight
Then a light
Pierces through my misery
Beckoning me back home

Ebb and flow
Come and go
Riding waves of destiny
Far away from shore
Knowing so much more
Now I row
Back home I go
Returning to my destiny
Back on my beloved shores

--Karl Southwick

This was just an attempt to write some lyrics to the Song of Storms from The Legend of Zelda series. Go have a listen if you've never heard it -- it's a fantastic song.

No comments:

Post a Comment